Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Second Time Around in more ways than one

I had a whole other blog with 43 posts that I completely deleted tonight.  It was mediocre at best and most of the posts were about my struggle to lose 5 pounds and the beginning of my running journey. Quick recap of what happened- I got pregnant and never lost the weight. I did run until week 32 of being pregnant. Now, I'm not AS concerned about losing weight. I'd rather be faster or stronger, so most of what I said was annoying to me.

I am starting fresh today.

Here's initial information about me- 31 year old mom of one daughter, Sydney (1 year old).  I have run several 5ks, 1 8k, 1 half marathon, and 1 Muddy Buddy race.  I am in week 2 of training for my second half marathon with a sub two hour goal. I'm not a great photographer and I probably won't ever edit a picture I post. I do like to eat but I'm the first to admit I'm not very wild in food choices, I'd say solidly American based cuisine. I like to weight train but am too scared and cheap to try cross fit. I love books and reading.

                                   Sydney and me after my half marathon. I was figuratively dying here

Week 1 of Half Marathon Training
Scheduled: (3) 3 mile runs  (1) 5 mile run
Actual:  (2) 3 mile runs (1) 4 mile run (1) 2 mile run

Bad: Eats but bad in a good way, ate lots of delish treats while on vacation.  Every day was filled with cookies, chips, cake, full fat everything.  It was A-mazing.  
Ugly: Getting over a mystery illness, ran while coughing and blowing snot rockets.
Good: Ran on vacation, go me.  That's something I have always struggled with, but I strapped on the garmin and IT band strap and hit the road.  
Awesome: Week 1 is in the books, and I did a speed training session.  


Can you ever start over not from scratch?  
Are you training for anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment